Green Party of Tennessee
NEWSLETTER August 30/2020
The Green Party of Tennessee needs you.
If you are a member in good standing, you are eligible to run for and vote for officers of the Green Party of Tennessee.
The following positions will be voted on at the October, 3, 2020, membership meeting:
· Co-Chair (completing term left vacant; will serve until 2021 annual meeting)
· Co-Chair (new term; will serve until 2022 annual meeting)
· Secretary (completing term left vacant; will serve until 2021 annual meeting)
· TN Delegate to Green Party National Committee (will serve until 2022 annual meeting)
· Alternate Delegate to Green Party National Committee (completing term left vacant; will serve until 2021 annual meeting)
· Alternate Delegate to Green Party National Committee (will serve until 2022 annual meeting)
· At-large delegate to GPTN CC
(will serve until 2021 annual meeting):
2 positions out of 4 are currently vacant and up for election (these are delegates from areas that have no organized local)
All of the above officers make up the coordinating committee. Their job is to hold monthly meetings (usually via Zoom, conference call, or other virtual means), be the point of contact for those inquiring about the party, and to carry on party business (web page, email communications such as this, working with national party, etc.) between annual meetings. In addition to the above, every local can send a delegate (these should be elected at meetings of the locals, not at the statewide annual meeting).
The delegates to the Green Party National Committee may need more explanation. These delegates are Tennessee’s representatives to decision-making at the national level. They participate in discussions and vote on party leadership, changes to by-laws, platform changes, whether to participate in actions with other groups (marches, speeches, sponsorship of events, and the like), to name just the most common activities. Discussion is via email list (which tends to be very active and sometimes quite intense) with voting electronically.
Mark your calendars!
Saturday, October 3, 2020
6:00 p.m. Central Time/7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Zoom address forthcoming
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP ORGANIZE AFTER PARTY
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the GP of TN: http://www.greenpartyoftennessee.org/join/index.html